4/19/2013

They Didn't Get It!

As I have traveled the world, I have seen a lot of systems of Government and all you have to do is to open you eyes to see what a wonderful country we have.   Our Freedoms are the result of oppressed people coming here after living under tyrannical forms of Government.    I walk down the streets and see our police and say, "Thank You."  I see them as the people enforcing my freedoms not trying to take them away from me.  Even when as a teenager I almost lost my license for speeding, I can see all they wanted me to do was to slow down and drive safe.

Yes, individuals that come here with evil in their mind don't see what I see and I find that sad.  I think a small Government and a well armed citizenry is important.  The great thing is what you see is what you see and while we are different, you are not wrong.  I also think our Freedom of Speech is also a beautiful thing. 

In fact, I think this is one of the problems we have in our country right now.  Some of our young people don't see the ability of people through a good education and hard work to lead a great life.  All I had to do was listen to my father and know in my heart of hearts that I could live by the sweat of my brow or the success of my efforts.   I could make a living by digging ditches but I chose a loftier goal. The other day I dug up a faulty yard faucet and appreciate the fact that I had the good sense to get a good education and work hard.

In my wildest dreams I never imagined a life as good as I have it.  My wish for you is that you find what you have to be pretty darned good.  Getting what you want is not nearly as good as wanting what you have.   I worked my entire life with my eyes on the future and I for one am not one bit disappointed.  I am sad that many young people don't Get It!

Just feeding the critters in my corner of the world


MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment