4/21/2013

Where Do They Get This Stuff?

Just as fast as the reporters got to Watertown, MA the MSU began.  What you haven't heard what MSU is?  Making Stuff Up.   When the microphones should go silent and we get returned to the normal programming, the talking heads begin to chatter and MSU.  Then, the Networks begin to put together stuff to have a special and we start seeing advertisements for the MSU programming that without vetting. It will be noting more than a collection of "stuff."  Then, just as the celebration begins and a news conference starts to pat the good guys on the back, the stupid questions begin.  After being told that they could not speculate on ongoing investigation with specifics, another talking head asks for specifics.  Finally some one closes the briefing and you can hear the empty talking heads still shouting questions like they didn't hear the response the first time.  The really sad thing is the Pulitzer Prize people will reward this pack of jackals with awards come fall.  

Do you want to know what is the story of my life?  Just as I find a group that I love, they go into some form of hiatus.  Jennifer Nettles and the group Sugarland put out an album called "The Incredible machine" and now nothing since.  OK, I know she is at home playing first time mother to her new child but, I want more incredible music like their album.  I went out and bought their first album and it sucked after listening to the new Album.  Kristin Bush and Jennifer are as innovative as Bobby McFerrin and his "Don't worry Be Happy" album.  They make sounds and are as joyous as Bobby.  The "Incredible Machine" album also has a DVD of some of the moments they had making the music and in concert.    I think the smiles they had in that DVD are the kind of moments we all want to have.

By the time you read this, the hit count on this blog is going past 120,000.  It makes me wonder more and more if there is that kind of readership for a compilation of my war stories.  I am torn between a "Catch 22" kind of story and "Platoon."    I really want to laugh and yet I don't want to make War seem like some amusing way to pass the time.  I had a returning soldier tell me that, "War is a really good way to get killed."  Yep Pilgrim, that's the way I see it.  But with that said, there is a bunch of funny stories hidden in the hours and hours of work and the intense moments of insanity.   I laugh till I cry at times.  The good news is that as I get older, the distance from the battlefield makes the bad times fade. 

Private Petty in Basic training


I wonder sometimes if I should put my Dragon headset on and take a long drive with Barbara.  Just let the words flow and see what happens.  I am pretty sure that Barbara has listened to most of my stories so many times that she could tell them.  Every once in a while she will comment that she hadn't heard that story but that happens less and less all the time.  I guess after 45 years together there is little new left.  Kind of like my saying that nothing cures nudity after the age of 50 than a full length mirror.  There just are things you really don't want people to see.

Yesterday I got the tractor out and got busy moving some of the junk out of the woods so I can haul it off.  Now I need to find a junk hauler that will take it for the value of the metal.  Right now I have two truck frames and an old truck cab in the waiting pile.  There is still a "Parts Car" that I haven't figured out how to get it up by the upper field. Oh well, that's another day.

MUD  


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:16 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete