- I am an agent of change. I think that change is going to happen and it is best when there are some ground rules or thought applied in the process. I would much rather see change happen and studied than to have it applied and a new topic selected . This means that I approve of Sunset rules for Laws.
- I do not believe in a formal religion. Having studied several different religions in Religion 101 at WSU, I think that it is fair to say that I support the Freedom of Religion part of our constitution. I won't tell you where or when to pray and I appreciate your treating me the same. Given the choice, I would rather live in a society where the common rules found in the bible are applied than one with no rules.
- I grew up in a neighborhood where the differences between the rich and the poor was very evident. I try to live my life now where I don't make that a big deal.
- I think that everyone should feel the importance of having a chance in our society. I grew up poor and damn sure didn't want to stay that way. I value the chance I had to get a great education, to work hard and prosper and to be able to share it with my family. I would hate to have anyone think that it as in me to just give up and accept whatever came my way.
- I love the motto. "Lead Follow or get the hell out of the Way." I hope that your life means something and your impact on it is as important to you as it is to me.
- I love that our young people feel strongly enough to support our country and to join the Military. With that said, it is a good way to get killed so I caution you that this is no easy or slight task. War is the failure of Governments to live with each other and a horrible expenditure of lives and money.
- Where has the spirit of debate gone? I think either you are supportive of your party or you are not. I try to point out what I am unhappy about and not just rail over the failures of earlier people.
- I hate debt. It has been a necessity to borrow money over the period of my lifetime but I paid off my debts as quickly as possible. I know that my wife Barbara agrees with this as she has guided me to save rather than buy a bunch of toys.
- I think our Government should find ways to help those people less fortunate that I am. With that said, I think people should work hard to find ways to help themselves.
- I buy insurance for my house, my car and for my health care. When I got to where I could do so, I let my Life Insurance lapse. I do have a provision in my retirement that Barb will be taken care of if I die but not for the hundred thousands we had earlier in life.
- I but Lottery Tickets as a form of entertainment. I do think about what I would do if I won, but I do not need to win to have lived a great life or the ability to live a great life in the future.
What Do I Stand For
I am going to take this topic and explore some of the things I am in favor of or support strongly. Right now at the start I don't have a final list completed, this will be in the order of them crossing my mind and falling out on paper. Perhaps someday I will priotorize them but for now, these are just an unedited list: