5/17/2016

Still Raining

I didn't know the Heartland had a Monsoon Season.  We must be right in the middle of it as it is still raining and we are way ahead of normal for the year.  Thank God I got it all mowed last week and I hope the ground gets dry enough before the City send me a "Mow or else" notice.  I'll bet there are way more places that are higher on the list than me.

As you know, I am a Barbershopper and really enjoy singing.   I am a natural Bass but have the range to be a Baritone and find the challenge worthwhile.  I do lean on one of the other Baritones too much but hey, he will get old too (Someday)  Last night I asked him how old he was and he said 25.  I resisted telling him that I have Army Boots older than he is.  I do wish I was younger but I can't complain about where life has  taken me.   I have almost everything I need, most of what I want and enough money to buy the rest.

How do you deal with someone that completely is the opposite of what you are and stand for?  For the most part, I ignore him and go on about my business but he does have a way of pushing my buttons.   The sad part is that he is right in the middle of my favorite hobby.  OK, I will just deal with it and move on smartly for the most part.  The great news is that the President of the Chorus is a good friend and he stands for a lot of the things I hold dear.

Have you ever looked at your life and done a good evaluation of what you did and what you got?  I think there are times that I spend way too much time doing just that.  I need to do a better job of dealing with what I have and forget the rest.  Oh well, sitting here and writing isn't getting me anywhere today so I will close it here and move on.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment