8/13/2012

Borne legacy

I went to the movies with the kids yesterday and saw the latest Borne Movie.  It was very interesting but I found it a little too much action based and not enough character based.  I guess when you have to build in so much action you can't spend too much time on talking and hand holding.  The motorcycle scenes in Manilla were almost enough to make you dizzy.  It reminded me of the Mini-Minor scene in Paris from the second movie.  


As the end of the 2012 bike riding season approaches, I am looking at what to do with my bike this year.  I have looked on line at the components and am completely blown away at the variance in prices.  I see shifters from $16 to $200 and I won't even talk about the derailleurs,  We neither one need to worry about rims or tires.  I am looking forward to sitting down with my bike guru and discussing this on our trip out to Idaho this fall.  Cuppa joe, a great lap dog  and a long conversation.    

On Friday, my new renter called and it seems the sink was leaking on one side.  I went over and as soon as I touched the drain, it just fell apart.  It was that chrome over brass stuff and it just wasted apart.  You know you are in trouble when you open the cabinet and see the sun shining through the drain.  In addition to the entire drain needing replaced, I also replaced the faucet.  The darned hot water feed line also broke off without much pressure.  The good news is that I had bought a set of lines from an earlier job and didn't need them.  The lines were fairly filled with build up so it was time to replace them.  Did you ever notice that no matter what you do it will cost you at least $100 to open the cabinet doors?

We are considering what to do at Dave's house and  whatever it is, it needs to include some kind of a fraidy hole.  In Kansas you can't be too prepared.  They want some kind of a screened in porch on the back side and I want to close in the open porch on the south side.  Whatever happens, it will keep me off the streets for a while.

See you one the flip side.

MUD  

No comments:

Post a Comment