1/09/2007

Those Damn Pissing Cockroaches

The other day I was working in Barb's room as a Substitute Para. I asked her how the Hissing Cockroach cage was going. One of the kids looked at me and said, "Did you say Pissing Cockroach?" Little kid after my own heart. He makes up things when he doesn't hear clearly. Barb has given him the task of setting up the cage and maintaining them.
I am looking forward to seeing how his project is working.
Today I worked at the southernmost school in the district and worked with a really neat kid. The first time I saw him they were carrying him down the hall out of control. He could not have worked any harder for me today. He was absent yesterday and had two days worth of work to do. he hussled his litt butt off and got most of it done. I hope my smile and encouragement got him there but he did have to work hard. He also took the diagnostic reading test that could have stressed him out. It made a tough day go fast.
Do you know what the biggest bummer of the day was? As I came in the building this morning I smelled cinnamon rolls. Let there be no doubt that I can spot the wonderful smell of cinnamon at 100 yards. I finished at T. South at 11:45 and started at noon at Berryton. I went right into the testing with my little guy and missed lunch. What a rip. The best school meal of the day/week/month/school year and I was forced to miss it. I did get to eat an apple between schools but it just wasn't the same.
Tomorrow will be a work day in the garage with Dave. Sure hope we can get that grey car out of there and back on the street.
Write if you get work. MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment