3/04/2016

Am I Just Getting Old or What?

In all my years of voting, I do not remember Kansas having a Caucus.  I guess I will go downtown Saturday morning and find out what all this is about.  No, I don't have any idea of what I am going to do there but I will vote for somebody.  I refuse to vote for a person that tries to find a scapegoat for all of our problems and makes faces like a Junior High student.  Damn, that about eliminates everyone in the Republican field.  Oh well.

When that madness is over, I am going to Lawrence to be there for Senior Day in the Phog.  They have to beat Iowa State and that will be no small task.  That will make 40 in a row in the Phog and it won't change the standings in the BIGXII for KU.  Can't wait.

The other day, Barbara saw a mouse in the kitchen so I went to the hardware store to buy some new mouse traps.  I really like the victor traps with the big yellow paddles.  I put a little peanut butter in the holes and the mice just can't seem to help themselves.  In fact, I caught two mice last night.  I guess I need to go out in the garage and step up my defense in depth.  I thought the mice would be moving out but evidentially there is not enough food out there yet. 

Life has been pretty good to us here at Rabbit Run.  I do need to get out and do some clean up of the brush piles when the days warm up and the wind dies down.  I don't think I will ever reach the level of clean of the German forests, but it sure could be a lot cleaner.  I really need to have a good place to burn the downed trees and not burn up the rest of them. 

One of these days I will return to working on cars also.  They all need some maintenance and have minor problems.  Well, Dave's car is in my garage and it has some really major problems.  In addition to the need of an alternator, it has one cylinder that does not have any compression to speak of.  Probably once I get the alternator fixed, the darned thing will die ugly somewhere between Lawrence and here.  Dave has Prius Taste and a used Chevy budget.  We'll see.

Better run

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment