8/05/2014

Odds 'n Ends

The cell phone just rang and said that it was a notification of an attempted delivery last Friday and I needed to call a number to reschedule the delivery.  The recording just blasted past so fast that I didn't have a chance to write it down.  The really odd thing is that the telephone number , so I could call them back wasn't recorded in my phone so I have no idea who the heck it was.   Oh well, I didn't have anything on special order that I know of so I will tell Barb and just wait for them to either call me back or send a delivery person out.  It isn't like we moved or anything, we have been here since 1990 and the only new thing is that the cell phone is a new number to us.  It was my birthday but nothing was supposed to come here.  The UPS guy knows that they can leave packages on the front porch and we generally find them.

Election Day is here and I will go vote.  It is really worthwhile when I know at this time of the year the participation is way down and my vote will really count.   The message I want to send is that unless they change their ways, I will not vote for the incumbent.  The only time I might is in the primary where the opponent is a wacco.   Not like the city in Texas, that's Waco and a nice place to visit. 

This morning the paper had my daily guide telling me to get out and do something fun.  I wonder what that could be?  How do they know what I am up to when I am not sure what I am going to do until I get ready to do it?  Lets see, the rough draft of today's activities include this writing, voting and a quick nap.  One good thing is that since we have had little rain since the start of July the grass has stopped growing so mowing is out of the realm of need.  

On the farm here at Rabbit Run, there is an old well.  Years ago we tested the water and it was not potable.  I think the neighbors up the hill have a lagoon and that polluted the well.  The County told me that I could pump it dry and put in a gallon of Clorox but even then I'm not sure if I would want to drink it.  My little pump would have to work overtime to even touch the level.  I guess I should pick up a used pacer pump and see if it is even possible to clean it up enough to water the fruit trees.  I have a nice little trailer that could haul a tank and a tractor to pull it around.   Oh well, see what happens when I have a visit from the good idea fairy.  I should have an outline for these blogs to keep me in check.

Speaking of blogs,  when I finish writing my blog, I sometimes hit the button at the top of the page that says "Next Blog."   I generally send me to some folksy blog site and keeps me there until it hits a foreign language  blog or one that has a theme like dolls or art.  Then the next four of five times it takes me to places that I do not understand the writing or am pretty much completely not interested.  It does make me wonder how all the people that visit get to my blog daily.  Yesterday the hits were up to about 2500 and surely there is some reason the readership is so high.  It is totally not my fault as I don't have a clue how to manipulate the internet to bring people to my site.  I am not sure I would if I could.   Remember, the information you get here is worth exactly what you pay for it.  Do not try this at home is my disclaimer.  Or, do it if you want.  Either way, I have said many times that I do this for me and am not sure why.

Have a great day.  School is only a week away (or so).  Whatever happened to the old schedule of summer being from memorial Day to Labour Day (For my friends in Canada)

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment