3/17/2007

St Patrick's Day Greetings

I'm not sure if any of you will be able to read this in this color but here it is anyway. It looks OK on the Preview but who knows what it will look like after traveling across the net.
My biggest wish is that you all have good health and can enjoy the day in the spirit for which it is intended. It should be a celebration of all the good things the Irish brought to the "U.S." and us over the years. I might note that many of them have been banned from my household but not out of punishment or criticism of the Irish. Barb doesn't like corned beef and cabbage. To the point that the smell of cabbage removes any good feelings she might be able to gather about the corned beef. Needless to say, the green beer has been on the "Not only no but Hell NO" list for about 15 years or so. I guess I will just have to settle for watching parades and celebrating being Irish is a very small part.
I'm not sure of all the parts that are Irish but "Boggs" & "Collins" are a couple of family names that sound Irish. I guess the important thing is that like our country, we are a joining of all the parts and celebrating them all is a good thing.
Yes, I have changed color for my JayHawks that destroyed a good Niagara team last night in Chicago. I think that all the talk about them losing in their first round needed to have a stopping point and they made that point with a slam dunk last night. Every member of the team scored except one. The bench scored 51 points and no one looked back as they ran down the court on fast breaks. It was a track meet and a Basketball game all rolled up into one big game.
May you have the sun in your face, the wind at your back and road rise up to meet you. MUD

1 comment: