5/25/2010

Paperwork

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of paperwork required by different places to get and keep the ball rolling. I once had an SBA loan and we are pretty sure that it took an inch of paperwork for every thousand dollars. To make matters worse, it was a building loan and I started using my own money and that freaked them completely out. They wanted me to sit on my hands and do nothing until I had all their money in hand. Stupid. Then, I had to submit completion reports to get them to pay the money when it was needed. Double stupid. The crowning blow was when I got all of the money I needed, they finalized the loan as if the principle was the entire amount. I hadn't needed the last $20,000 but they made me make payment as if I had the entire amount. Payed that sucker off way short of the 15 years.

I am currently doing the paperwork to get the proceeds of mother's life insurance into the joint account that we will split. Mother listed me as the beneficiary because she had appointed me as her executor. Knowing that we had many hours of discussing what she wanted done, she felt comfortable in making the right thing happen. We'll see how it all works out in the end.
The really laughable thing is the low amount of total dollars in this whole deal.

I sure hope that things are going well for all of you out there. Barb and I are planning our summer travel and things look good for miles of smiles.

MUD

1 comment:

  1. Hey MUD! It's amazing as "green" as our gubmit encourages us all to be, that we have to kill several trees for enough paper to comply with their regs. Go figger!

    I haven't had to deal with life insurance stuff yet...but I'll bet it's simpler than an SBA loan.

    Just a short note. You said that it's laughable about how low the amount of dollars is in the whole deal. Oh man...what riches your Momma poured in to you and your siblings...both spiritual, emotional...and what financial blessings you have all gotten from that love, instruction, and example!

    I ain't telling you anything you don't already know.

    Good luck on the travel plans. Go to the Grand Canyon...with all the Californians boycotting Arizona, you should be able to get some good views, and not have to smell their stink.

    ReplyDelete