6/28/2010

Figures Lie and Liars figure

Yesterday I did some BBQ on the patio and the Dennis Miller program had an interesting guest. Here is a summary of what I heard:

- Men with equal educations in equal jobs, are paid more money.

- The US has 49% of the new births are non white.

- 60% of the college graduates last year were women.

- Women have tended to go into the jobs that are recession resistant. (Nurses, teachers and HR jobs)

- The unemployment rate is 2.7% higher for men than women.


I don't have a clue what that means for old retired white guys. I just thought that it was very interesting. The person who was the guest indicated that this is an indicator that the newest group of 20 something people are a lot less likely to find that color, race, sex or religion makes any difference in hiring people for jobs. Dennis just hopes that someday his new boss will not hammer him for being a white male because he will be the minority.


The radio this morning said that Robert Byrd died at the tender age of 92 yesterday. He was born in a shack with no running water or electricity. I'll bet that a lot of people born right after the turn of the century were living under such conditions. All I want is to have him buried and replaced by someone that has a clue what is really going on in the real world. I won't miss having Rush tell us about another mis-speak fro Robert KKK Byrd. Yes, I do know that they say it is eveil to speak poorly of the dead. I just don't know who "They" are.

MUD

2 comments:

  1. Just to clear up who "they" actually are. A few weeks ago, I went on a boat outing up the Pearl River with some good friends. There was a conversation about the work the folks had had done on the boat and it came to light that "they" were the boating industry and the people who repair boats. Hope that helps, but I am unsure how the boating industry came up with the "do not speak bad of dead people" rule. It seems kinda weird for "them" to do that, huh?

    But, "they" are the boating industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always wondered who "they" were. At one point I was told I had become one of that group upon becoming a Third Class Petty Officer in 1975.

    ReplyDelete