8/26/2011

'Splain it to me!

Yesterday I went to WalMart to seek out some lotion for the itch I have on my arms.  There was a combination anti itch medication that was a combination of Calamine lotion and an anti itch.  It was over $5.00.  A simple bottle of calamine lotion was $1.27 and the anti itch stuff was $2.39.  Why on gods green earth would you pay a $2.00 penalty to have them mix it one bottle?  You also only got about half as much that way.  I guess we are spoiled that way.  Have you also noticed that products that have "No Sugar added" are also more?  I guess I am just not the one to make sense of such things.

Yesterday barb and I went out on the bike path and found a whole new section down by the Shunga creek.  The city has expanded the path on east of the old part and the couple I met said they will soon have the path around the city.    We were getting a little tired of the west side of the lake Shawnee bike path.  I am really tired of the nuts hulls the squirrels are putting all over the path.

When was the last time you had a taco pizza?  We had one last night and I found it interesting but not as good as the one by Godfather's.  I would rather have a meat pizza or the supreme with the meat and some onions, peppers and olives. 

The cool weather is here again this morning and I really should get out and cut up that downed tree behind the house.  I thought it was cool that I got it to drop right where I wanted but somehow it just hasn't cut its self up yet. 

Better get cracking.

MUD

2 comments:

  1. The "No Sugar Added" thing is just another way to rip people off! There are a lot of us geezer's that have to stay away from sugar. But because of the increased cost, it's just one more thing I have to put back on the shelf.
    Good post about the Calamine lotion! More folks need to read the labels and compare. it will save you some $$$$$!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first comment didn't post.

    Hey MUD, have you ever heard of "Rhus Tox?" My wife is extremely allergic to poison ivy, and it clears it right up.

    It's a homeopathic deal...a little pill for poison ivy, and other skin rashes/ailments, etc. She buys it at a local health food store, but you can get it online. It really works.

    Just thought I'd let you know about it, if you didn't already.

    ReplyDelete