2/17/2013

War

In its most simple state, war is binary.  Either you get killed or you don't.  The lethality of the modern day battlefield should be imprinted on the forehead of every leader in the world.  It is their failure to preserve peace and work together that leads us to have wars.  I believe in the abundance mentality and feel that if we were all to work together, there is enough for everyone.  After all, isn't it about food, then power.  I know that after a Thanksgiving meal, I sure as heck don't want to invade anyone.

From Draftee to Colonel in 30 years

 As I looked back on some of my earlier posts, I hit the war in Afghanistan right between the eyes.  If the British, Russians and now the Americans would have carpet bombed that little country with all the dollars we have spent trying to bring them peace, they could all have houses with central air and lots of food.  If somehow we could exchange the cost of the lives we have spent there for dollars, we could double the size of those houses and perhaps put in wall to wall carpeting.  

I have a friend that spent a lot of time as a child in Afghanistan when her father was a Doctor there.  She has a book on her coffee table with pictures of the place and she said she loved the people as much as the scenery.  I trust her perceptions almost as much as I do mine.  Her's is also flavored by a wonderful belief of a supreme being and that gives her a peace that I could only find when I had my M-16 in my hands while in Vietnam.

Si vis pacem, para bellumIs the Latin guide that tells countries to seek peace but prepare for war.  On the other hand, Dwight David Eisenhower told us to fear the Military Industrial Complex. I think that it is up to the Civilian Leadership to establish just what the heck that level is.  I am not sure that I would be a good guide for that level.  Tanks for the memories...

Oh well, better leave this and get on with my peace of life.  A good breakfast will cure any thoughts this old war horse has of running off to war.

MUD


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:15 AM

    An outstanԁing shаre! I've just forwarded this onto a friend who has been conducting a little research on this. And he in fact ordered me lunch simply because I discovered it for him... lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending the time to talk about this issue here on your website.

    Visit my web-site: connecticut dumpster rental

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always welcome to visit here and share any of my thoughts. I wish the world would slow down and think, then act. You made my day.

    ReplyDelete