9/20/2009

1968

From the collection of my pal Harvey, two more of the 1968 pictures. This was taken near Pleiku, Vietnam. I was on an overnight trip out through the wire around Artillery Hill. For some reason I had a sawed off carbine not an M-16 for this trip. One of the other team with me had a grease gun and the morning we came back in we test fired both weapons. Neither gun was as good as the M-16 but it was fun to shoot something different.

This picture was taken in my parents home at 544 Byrd, Wichita, KS. My sisters threw Barb a wedding party just before we flew to Vegas to get married. The color in this picture is just gone and it is more black and white. I can see why I was crazy in love with her.
Again all I can say to my friend Harvey is thank you again.
MUD

1 comment:

  1. I was born in '68... I'm glad it was a good year for you.

    That's a great picture MUD.

    ReplyDelete