9/17/2009

My Home Town

Just last week, I told Barb that I didn't miss Wichita. I just happened to be near Murdock and Waco at the time. That location is not far from the scene of this crime.


WICHITA, Kan., Sept. 16 (UPI) -- Police in Wichita, Kan., said a couple sharing "an intimate moment" in a dumpster were robbed by two men armed with a pocket knife.

Police said the couple, both 44, climbed into the dumpster just after 6 p.m. Saturday for some time alone but were soon interrupted by the knife-wielding 59-year-old man and a 64-year-old accomplice, The Wichita Eagle reported Wednesday.

The suspects took shoes, jewelry and the man's wallet from the couple. Police were notified and officers said they found the suspects and the stolen items a short time after the incident.

Makes me proud to know that even the poorest of the poor can find places to share love.

MUD

2 comments:

  1. MUD, in our younger days me & The Mrs. were somewhat "adventurous" if you know what I mean.

    But I can say quite honestly that if a dumpster was the ONLY privacy available, we'd have just had to do without. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't think it was an issue of the couple being homeless or poor. They were robbed. Besides, even if they were homeless, I can think of quite a few other places they could have tried before resorting to a dumpster. Apparently there's a lot of that goes on in certain parks around Wichita. Dh offered that perhaps it was a construction dumpster. Still, ew.

    ReplyDelete