9/07/2009

Glenda Overstreet Pt. 2

I think I missed the point of Ms Overstreet's tirade about the un-named and anonymous bloggers in the paper yesterday. As I have read more of what is written on the blogs, I realize that the subject of her attack was those of us that oppose Van Jones and his whole saga.

Remember when we were promised by the Candidate Obama that he would "Change the way Washington does business". Surely no one thought that he would appoint an avowed Communist to the position of green Czar. We thought Mr Obama was serious about elevating vetting of candidates beyond what was expected.

I will use one quotes of Mr, Jones to make the next point. "Sharp outcroppings of revolutionary values and organization" are OK by his description. (This was a reply to his arrest after participating in a riot in San Francisco) "Flash points of rage can never substitute for radical social vision or grass roots coordination". When the point to be made is different than yours, you may not call it too radical. I have said all along that the voice of the people must be heard to avoid flash points of rage. If you want to call it grass roots organization, that's OK with me. To call us an anonymous mob of bloggers isn't.

Many of us out here in the blogosphere don't agree with you and the business that our congress and the President are conducting in Washington. We expected that when promised higher standards, we would get something other than a cabinet full of people with tax problems.When the President appoints a Czar, he would not be so radical that even the White house had to turn away his appointment when they read the resume.

So Glenda, it is my humble opinion that Mr. Van Jones appointment was a mistake and one that rests in the White House. Don't blame us out here in Bloggerland for doing the right thing to vet appointees when they don't meet the standards.

MUD

PS you can read the last blog and know who I am.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that I don't understand. Yesterday I googled Glenda Overstreet and Topeka Capital Journal to try to figure it out. All I found was an opinion piece she did about the libel suit involving the model and the blogger in which she mentioned anonymous bloggers.

    ReplyDelete