5/04/2011

Mowing, Again?

The other day as Barb and I walked out in the yard, she said, "You can hear the grass growing." She was absolutely right on that one. About the time the first sprigs of asparagus appear, the grass tried its best to grow tall and green. At one time I loved to ride the mower and see it get pretty. I think Barb has won me over in that I am pretty sure it is the biggest waste of time there is.

The weather here in the heartland has kept Barb busy trying to be warm and yet cool enough to frost. Normally the middle of April is the last significant frost date here. It was cool enough on May Day to require a cover over the plants. If it doesn't break down and rain soon I'll be out watering the garden. Then we will be fighting with the Water department about the hundred dollar water bill. Oh well.

The other day, one of my nieces put a quote on her facebook page. "If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!" I replied that if all you see are assholes, you aren't the lead dog. There are a bunch of them that I have used over the years. I like the ones that make you stop and think the most. Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you. It is all mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter. I have everything I need and most of what I want and a WalMart nearby. Now if Hyvee would only build that grocery store over here on the east side of town.

Gotta run, I'm on the final lap of the carport tear down and need to pick up the little scraps of wood.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment