3/30/2008

Sunday Morning in the Heartland

Well, I finished my second glass of coffee and I am all set to write here at 0753 AM. I think I am turning into my Grandparents who would get up at the crack of dawn (most of the time it was still dark) and start their day. They would also take a couple of naps during the day and be lights out by 8 PM.
I am officially taking today off. I worked hard this week on the Valley Brook house and need a few moments to let my muscles un-tighten and relax. It is also for those of you that care,iy is a day for the Hawks to enter the final four arena. They do have to beat Davidson but should make it a pretty game and win by 20. It looks like Texas will have to fight their way through Memphis to get into the final Four. It would not surprise me that all four of the Number One seeds get to the final.
Here's my assessment:
North Carolina - Great team with good depth. They deserve their number one of the number one seeds.
Memphis - If they can whip those Cowboys, they will be in there until the Championship round.
KU - Great team with good depth. They can be a bit inconsistent and if they show up and play their "A" game they will be in the Championship.
UCLA - Good team but that pesky Memphis team may make it rough.
Texas - Second best team, in the Big 12. On the right day they can beat anybody.
I personally would like to see UCLA and KU in the final but fear it may be a NC- Memphis game.
At this time of the year, only the great ones are still playing. No matter who gets there, the road to the end has been a great one.
MUD

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I am afraid you lost me around... beat Davidson... and I started thinking about what I should make for dinner. Ha ha - always good to know another Kansas blogger. I will probably watch a few seconds of the game today before falling into a deep coma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:25 PM

    Re comments from Two Dogs about teacher pay:

    Sorry but you are comparing apples to oranges. Teachers have at least 4 years of education and many have advanced degrees. It is not accurate to compare them to the typical worker who hasn't spend big bucks and time going to college. Here is the real comparison.

    "Throughout the nation the average earnings of workers with at least four years of college are now over 50 percent higher than the average earnings of a teacher."

    Also teachers spend way more time than the typical school year at their jobs. Most have requirements to get additional inservice hours. Studies consistently show that teacher prep time and additional responsibilities mean teachers work just as long as any other profession. Teaching is also one of the most demanding occupations. Go follow a first grade teacher around or deal with a bunch of challenging 13 year-olds. I bet you wouldn't last a week.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete