- If I didn't invent Humongous, I was one of the first that used it to describe things bigger than normal comprehension.
- In a New Your Minute. How fast can they strip your car of its wheels and radio? Yep, in a New York Minute.
- Blinding Flash of the Obvious. When something said is so straight forward you can't believe the speaker got it so soon and clearly.
- When my Dad had reached his limit of kids, he would tell us to go out and "Blow the Stink Off". One time when I was teaching a preschool class, I told them we needed to go out and blow off the stink. One of the little guys said, "But Teachor, we don't stink".
- Dad would always try to wake us all up by shouting "All Hands on Deck".
- One of the sayings from the rifle range that stuck with me was, "Ready on the right? Ready on the left, the firing line is no longer clear!"
- There is a custom in the Field Artillery that you never give the affirmative "Right". You always use check. It drives non artillerymen crazy. Check, check, check and double check...
- If things are going poorly, but organized, things are going to hell in a hand basket.
- If things are going bad and so disorganized it is beyond recognition, it is FUBAR. That is Fucked up beyond recognition. I hope you will accept my apology for the bad language but I think you needed to really know what it is.
- BOHICA! If you are again told to do something you know neither the sender of the message or you want to do, Bend Over, Here it Comes Again!
- Fair. There is nothing in the world fair. Wait, never say never or always. As soon as you do, it will happen.
- Cheap, Easy and good. There is just no way you can get anything that is all of these three things. Pick two and move on smartly.
I swear that in spite of what Amy thinks, I would never say "Monkeys flying out of my butt". I'm not sure what it means and perhaps some day when I figure it out I might use it.