The following is the first blog I wrote. Here t'is:
I start my day off with reading the local newspaper. There are several articles that I read each time and a few I avoid. Dr Bill Roy always has a rant against the Republicans and I avoid him about as much as I do Glenda Overstreet who is the the local NAACP president who has a son in jail for murder. My favorite is Harvey B. Mackay who writes a business column. He always has some little tidbit of wisdom and humor to lighten my day. OK, I don't miss the funny page very often but given a choice I will read the business column first. His column this week is about doing things the Cowboy way.
1. Don't squat with your spurs on. Don't be stupid and harm yourself. Pay attention to your business.
2. The easiest way to eat crow is while it is warm. The longer you take to own up to your responsibilities the harder it is to recover. People don't get fired for making mistakes, they get fired for covering them up.
3. If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. I always said this was "Do what you did and you get what you got". The surest way to change something is to get up off your rear and change it yourself. (Or buy Mom a 42 in HD Plasma TV and I'll probably have to go over three or four times to help her reset the remote.)
4. One of my favorites is always drink upstream of the herd. Avoid playing with the office gossip, it'll p'ison you for sure.
5. If your are riding out in front of the herd always look back from time to time and make sure they are a followin'. There is a difference between leadership and thinking you are in charge
6. Letting the cat out of the bag is a whole lot easier than putting him back in. You may not have control of what goes through your mind but you do have control over what comes out of your mouth. The last piece of advice comes from Texas Big Bender. "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
I'll bet a lot of you wish I had just talked about the needed bodily function after drinking three cups of coffee in the morning. Don't 'cha.
One final thing, I absolutely refuse to put hehehe in my blogs every third column. I also don't use those blasted little faces that smile, wink and do stupid things. Whatever.
You're too funny, MUD. Thanks for replaying that one. Good to see where you started.ReplyDelete
hehehe . good blog Mud :)ReplyDelete
(sorry .... couldn't resist)