8/04/2009

981 Posts, 24165 Visitors since Sep 06

I think there were more blogs than the system counts because over time I have been asked to have some removed because of the content of my posts. If you think that was a boat load of writing, you should see the documents I transferred to my external hard drive as I clean up the old computer. I think between moving pictures and documents, I managed to watch the entire season 2 of Dexter. I do know that I am going to have to watch the final episode again as I was distracted by a nap. I was multi-tasking and my brain went into overload and shut down.

This morning we were right in the middle of a thunderstorm when the electricity shut off. We waited for it to come back on until about 11:30 and finally just went for a bike ride. We truck the bikes over to Lake Shawnee and ride the shoreline pathway. We were in Lawrence last time and the start of the trail there seems pretty flat but it is a 2 to 3 % upgrade for at least a mile. When I started out my knees were kind of sore and it took a couple of miles to get them warmed up and for them to stop hurting. Today I started out slow (Barb passed me - Bike on your left) and I took it easy for the first couple of miles. The route over the dam starts out very flat and doesn't get hilly for about three miles. All in all, I watched the speedometer click off 10 miles and feel much the better for it. When we got home the electricity had just been reconnected.

Barb fixed a snack for lunch. She sliced one of those big red tomatoes, some cucumbers, half a cantaloupe and some cheese and crackers. Great time of the year when the produce is just right. I love it when the cantaloupe smell up the car on the way home. That sweet perfume and juicy taste.

Oh well, I'd better get on getting on and do something for the good of the country.

MUD

1 comment:

  1. I recently hit 1,000 posts and couldn't believe it! Hits: Over 3000,000.. not bad for a fat chick in New Zealand eh?
    Your bike ride sounded good! I have dicky knees too... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete