8/21/2009

One of Those Days

I'm sure that you have all had one of those days when:

  • Your degree of care and concern is not up to the level of a smile when you see a funny picture on "I can have Cheeseburgers".
  • You feel bad and somehow a bowl of popcorn followed by a bowl of ice cream makes you feel better.
  • You buy a watermelon so big it won't fit in your ice box and you hate warm watermelon.
  • You drive 8 hours in a car just to get the hell out of Dodge.
  • Your get up and go, got up and went. And, you are not sure you care.
  • You have two books started and they are both overdue at the Library. I'm sure that if I looked, I could find at least one.
  • You can't get worked up enough to do a good rant on your blog. Several good ideas cross you mind briefly but none with enough force to impact.

I wrote this to let you all know I am not dead, only mildly low on the DOGAS level. (For the non Military Types, that mean Degree of Give a Shit). Write if you get a chance.

MUD

5 comments:

  1. I too hate warm watermelon, but I can always find a place for it. Dang, that MUST be a big watermelon.

    Or a small icebox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 39.5 LBS of Watermellon is sitting on the counter. It is one of those big green Black Diamond kind you hardly see up here anymore. MUD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of watermelon. Too messy, too many seeds (even in the "seedless" kind), just not worth it. That Watermelon Pickle poem is one of my favorites though.

    I'm feeling pretty tired and apathetic right now. It seems to be going around since there aren't many new blog posts to read. I think I'm going to send Jo to the store to get me some ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I know what you mean MUD. I'm in that "junk happens" mood right now, too.

    But one thing I know for certain is that "the only thing that stays the same is that everything changes." We shall rise from the ashes...if not corporately, at least individually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had that same week, hope next week is better for us both. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete