2/25/2011

Friday Snow and Stuff

Friday is trash day here at Rabbit Run and in addition to getting the newspaper, I have to yard out the trash cans to the court. Thank god for Barb's front wheeled Buick that isn't much of a big deal. Probably the most exciting thing was that when I opened the back door to throw out some seeds for the birds I tripped the Security System. It works fine. There is between 3 and 6 inches of the fluffy white stuff all over the place. The trees all have about three inches stacked up on them and it is pretty. One nice thing is that this time the wind isn't blowing and it is just above freezing. Talked with my brother in Tulsa and this time all they got was rain. He said it was about 50 there when it snowed here.

Probably one of the biggest responsibilities i have is keeping the bird water dish ice free and full. The GFI circuit has been tripping and the dish freezes. I guess I probably need to buy a new water dish this year. It also trips the breaker by the bathroom sink so Barb's hairdryer doesn't work until I go re-set it.

Every once in a while, I get a case of what I call rumble gut. Something I ate doesn't agree with me and my guts just aren't settled. It isn't full on diarrhea but it does cause me to make a run to the bathroom a few times. It also makes me feel kind punk for a day or so. Oh well, what else did I have to do.

When the temperature was in the 60's this week, the birds were out and about finding things to eat that the melting snow uncovered. Now that there is a new coat of snow, they are back.

I can smell something good upstairs, Bye.

MUD

5 comments:

  1. I haven't commented for a while so here are some thoughts to share.
    1) My security System is 2 motion detecter lights, 1- 13 shot .45 and a .380, so to trip it I have to step outside and slip on the ice.
    2) GFI circuits will not run a hair dryer and a Bird bath heater at the same time. If one is running and the other comes on it will trip every time. Solution, move one of them to a differant plug. (continued0

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3)Rumble Gut could be 1 of 2 things. 1) A food allergy. Try to remember what you ate in the last 24 haurs each time it happens to see if you ate the same type the last time. Make list if necessary. 2) An early sign of gallblader problems. Check to see if in the last 24 hours you ate something extra greasy, like a big mac or two. That is what started mine and I have both problems yet, after surgery.
    4) I ride my mower out to the road and pull my rolling trash can behind by holding on with one hand. I bring it back the same way. It is tougher in the snow however and you need the wheels on the trash can. RayI
    Barb, take some good snow pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Old Man Winter visited you again! Last night we had 50 to 70 mph winds and tornado warnings all over the place. I havn't been out yet to see how many shingles I have missing, none I hope!
    "The rumble gut", Rayl, is right, eat something really greasy and if it happens again, the gallbladder could be suspect. Been there, done that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unsuspected foods that cause food allegys list. Check through google for others., some of mine below and they (WILL) make you feel sick for up to 3 days.
    1) Eggs undercooked and products made with uncooked egg whites, like salad oils, mayo (if it turns dark in the jar, throw it out, its one of the worst. 2) Whole Wheat products with 100% wheat like cereals (wheaties) Dark bread, others. 3) NUTS several kinds, especially peanuts. 4) Ice Cream with or without nuts. Several more unsuspected foods, google to see if what you been eatting is listed. Write them down when you feel bad and remember to go back 24 to 36 hours with the list. RayI

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far I have been fortunate to have a cast iron stomach and intestinal tract. I do know that Mother had to have her gall bladder yarded out early and hope mine hangs in there. I like to blame my problems on the one or two meals I eat out and new or foreign bacteria I pick up there. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the bag of pistachio's or the rib eye steak I ate. But I'll keep an eye on it.

    ReplyDelete