2/07/2011

Winchester 73

While the world watched some game on TV, I was watching a classic western, Winchester 73 with Jimmy Stewart. The plot waved in and out about a rifle that someone stole from him and his desire to kill his brother. Shelly Winters played a dance hall girl and made it all the funnier. There is nothing like a 1950's Western to make my day. Unless, it is a good War movie.

The funniest thing I heard all day yesterday was when I was told on facebook that my Grand Nephew (Twice removed?) was shouting at the TV, "Go Crackers." He is the son of a cheese head and it only seems natural that if Mommy has a wedge of cheese on her head that he needed crackers.

I finally got out of the house for a while yesterday. I have to do a little shopping this time of the year as I got married on 11 February and valentines day follows soon there after. In 1968, 2nd Lieutenant Dennis Petty convinced Barbara Schmoe of Yermo, California to go to Vegas and tie the knot. Best thing I have ever done I might add.

There is a minor snow front coming and we are predicted to get between 1-5 inches. They don't really have a clue. Tulsa got our heavy snow last time so it is very obvious that they don't have a clue.

Oh well, Have a great day out there

MUD

3 comments:

  1. MUD, I love that film. It's been a coon's age since I saw it. I probably should have looked at it instead of the Super Bowl, but I forced myself to watch one NFL game this season, and that was it.

    Hey, if I don't catch you on the 11th, Happy Anniversary to you and Barb. Y'all fit together real good.

    Later, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and the Mrs. on your upcoming anniversary. I believe you've got a "keeper" there MUD. We enjoy the old western movies as well. When I was a kid, back in the Dark Ages, I had a genuine Lone Ranger six shooter, I think he had two, but I was happy with one. The wife had a Red Rider BB gun, still has it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets see, I had a coon skin hat, a fanner 50 cap gun, a rifleman rifle and more than one Red Rider BB Gun.

    after 43 years of marriage, what choice do I have. If I was so stupid as to try to end it after all this time, she would get the gold mine and I would get the shaft.

    ReplyDelete