7/15/2009

Hot Thoughts on a Cool(er) Day

I look out to the south of the house and see the piles of boards that were once decking. It lasted 20 years and was in need of replacement. The sun beating down on the wood has caused it to check and crack to the point that it needed replacement. I am using the composit decking as it is impervious to the weather and age. I guess that my deck is a better place than the landfill for all those plastic bottles and what feels like fiberglass.

After 20 years, the needed maintenance here at Rabbit Run is beginning to make a long list. There are inside things that will keep until this fall and winter but there are some things that are outside things that just need done when it is warm. The deck maintenance was high on that list and the arbor for the wisteria in the front is another.

Here is an old saying by Hillel the Elder that I keep by my computer:

Watch your thoughts; they may become your words.
Watch your words; they may become your actions.
Watch your actions; they may become your habits.
Watch your habits; they become your character.
Watch your character; for it will become your destiny.

Have a great day out there. After the cool front brought rain and cloudy weather, I am going to take a day off of the decking project.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment