5/16/2012

Just a few thoughts

Miles to go before I rest. For a couple of days, I have worked in the yard and probably have lifted too much. This morning my back feels tweaked and it hurts when I do this (Note from my Doctor - Don't do that)  I have several errands to run today and I think I am going to take the day off. If I hurry, I probably can get them done in a couple of hours.  But I'm in no particular hurry. (1 Hr, 30 minutes but I did forget one thing)

 The other day a friend asked when we thought he should retire. The real question is when can he retire. If he has enough money to do what he feels is the good stuff, for heaven's sake retire. If working for a couple of more years will get him to that goal, work a little longer. He like many of my friends did one of those start /stop things (called Divorce) a few years back and I have no idea how that hit him from the financial side. If you don't think the American male doesn't believe in freedom, just look at the divorce settlements. In a lot of cases, the guys will give up the gold mine and get the shaft.

 Is it just me or does spring time bring in more dirt for the kitchen floor? Every year about this time there is dirt and stickiness from fruits and vegetables that seems to track in in large quantities. It might have to do with the fact that we are outside more and just haven't been keeping up with the floor. Oh well, what the hell, what the heck do I care? Today in the Topeka Capitol Journal there is a series of word puns and I really like to play with words. "How does Moses make tea? Hebrews it! "It was the bear that made Mel Famey walk us." "People that live in grass huts should not store thrones" I think I have this election all figured out. It comes down to an old saying my father used. "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull shit!" The issues in this election are so muddled that anyone with a clear idea of what the real issues are is lost in the minutiae.

I think that I am going to start writing down all the "Good Answers"  I hear out there.  Here are just a few.


Always think about all sides of an issue before making a decision.  Today a lady called Dave Ramsey and said that her husband is having mixed emotions after giving a $5,000 check to a real estate agent as a deposit.  She asked, "Will I lose that $5,000."   Well Duh, what do you think a deposit is?  The time to think is prior to writing the check not after.


A fellow fresh out of the Navy is living with his parents and he and his wife have a 10 month old child.  He makes about $25,000 a year and wonders if he should buy a house.  Well Duh, NO!  Find the cleanest cheap one bedroom apartment and start saving for a house.  We started out with an 8X38 foot mobile home and did that until we had enough money to move up to a one bedroom apartment.  When we both had our degrees and a job, we then bought a house. 

 MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment