6/02/2009

Backwards Bucket List

As a change of pace, I am always trying to make things happen different from the normal blogs. You know what a bucket list is don't you? You know those things on your life list that you want to get done before you die. Well, a backwards Bucket list is a list of things I have done and expect to not do them again in this lifetime. Hang On:

  • Roller Skateing was once a passion of mine but the thought of falling off skates on a hard wood floor or concrete is just out of the question. Ditto for skateboarding...
  • Going twice as fast as my age in a car. Oh sure, it was easy when I was 20 but 60? I doubt it.
  • Seriously hunting anything. I may shoot my weapons and clean them regularly but to get out and walk far chasing something to kill is probably a no go.
  • Being seriously in love with anyone new. After 40 years of Barb, what I have will do very well, Thanks.
  • Traveling anywhere for more than two weeks at a time. Even with the help of Dave to feed the dogs, I just miss home and 14 days is the absolute limit.
  • Moving to a new house is just not on my list. Remodeling here some is needed but short of another tornado we will be just fine here.
  • Going back to school. I will never stop learning new things but I probably won't see the inside of a college as anything but a guest.
  • A new car. Now that GM is Government Motors I probably won't be a part of the solution and buy a new car. Unless something really amazing happens I will continue to buy used and drive them until the wheels fall off. You can have that first year depreciation of $3,000 to $5,000 but I will pass.
  • Go to War again. Been there, done that.
  • Go camping and sleep on the ground. I will go on a picnic and sit on a blanket but not sleep on the ground again. Motels and Hotels are just too nice.
  • Start Hating and stop laughing. There are people that don't talk to me and they think it is some form of punishment to me. The laugh is on them.
  • Vote a straight Democratic Ticket. OK, I never did this one but hey it ain't going to happen no way.

MUD

4 comments:

  1. My daughter fractured her wrist roller skating Friday night. I'm not too eager to skate either. And I'm totally with you on the new car. Never. Neither a new spouse. Breaking my Hunny in has taken 17 years and counting. Geez. But I will camp again. Having air mattresses is nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roller skating has never been such a great idea for me. I'm not the most coordinated person. Of course, at the time I was doing most of my roller skating, I didn't realize that I needed glasses and that life was not supposed to look like an impressionist painting. Being able to see has improved my coordination. About 8 years ago I thought I'd try those new inline skates. I did okay, but it put way too much stress on my knees.

    Sadly, I think I have driven twice your age. That's right, twice *your* age, not mine. I was 18 and invincible, had a new(ish) car that would go that fast and a long stretch of highway between Wichita and Austin, and I didn't have any kids. I'd never do it again. Nowadays I set my cruise control at 4 miles above the limit, and that generally satisfies my need for speed and defying authority.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'd still camp. No air mattress required. I'm a die hard camper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MUD, you've got 10 years on me, but your list is a complete mirror of mine. Scary...

    Except the "gone to war" thing. We didn't have one going on when I was "war age."

    Jenni is a better man than I am. Motels are just too dang nice. I might sleep in an RV, but it would belong to someone else.

    ReplyDelete