Yields: 4 Servings
2 med. Eggplants
2 med. Tomatoes, diced
2 Tbs Olive Oil
4 cloves Garlic, minced
2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Ground Ginger
¼ tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Black Pepper
2 Tbs Tomato Paste
Salt to taste
Sprig of Parsley
1. Cook eggplants over open fire, turning often until skin turns flaky and grayish in
color. Cut off vine and remove skin. Place in bowl and mash completely with fork.
2. In saute pan, add tomatoes and olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic and spices. Mix completely.
4. Add tomato paste and mix thoroughly.
5. Combine tomato mixture with eggplant.
6. Top with sprig of parsley and serve with fresh bread.