8/30/2010

Sunday Fun

There is a restaurant in Lawrence called , First Watch and Barb loves to go there and eat their Cashew Blue Berry pancake. It is always a pleasant breakfast and I try something different all the time. They have about any kind of an omelet you might want. Yesterday I had the Bubba Benny breakfast which is a biscuit, two sausage patties and an egg covered with gravy. Throw in a side of their country fried potatoes and it will start your day out right.

Generally we go to HiVee to shop after breakfast and that leads us to the wonderful meat counter for great grilling items. We had kind of been on a pork kick with chicken breast on the side. This time I broke down and went in for the Rib Eye steak. Throw in some green beans, some corn and one of Barb's pies and a great meal was had by all. The kids didn't want to take the leftover steak home, they asked us to make fajitas one evening this week. There is nothing better than a good grilled piece of steak made into fajitas. I will throw in some pan cooked onions and green peppers, a side of rice and one of beans and it will be a treat. It won't hurt that there will be some leftover pie for Dave.

Best Buy called this morning at 7 AM to schedule an appointment to repair my 40 inch LCD TV. They will be here between 2 and 4 today. I can't wait to have my TV back. I'm not sure if I would have bought the extended warranty without Dave, but I did and now they have to come out and fix my TV. I am going to be pissed off if they take another two weeks to get parts and re-schedule their visit. I think they should have come out within a day or two of the outage and then ordered the parts. I think two weeks is a bit long to wait for a TV repair.

For some dumb reason, I find myself getting really excited about our trip. It will be a Road Scholar photography class with a trip to a couple of parks and the north rim of the Grand Canyon. It is a chance to meet other photographers and see great places. We will also take a little time to visit Barb's parents in Idaho. We need to discuss some floor work in their home. I'm not sure what they will want to do but whatever it is, we will do our best to make it happen.

Oh well, better run. or at least walk fast. I am closing in on 30,000 visitors to my blog - Thanks to all of you that visit.

MUD

2 comments:

  1. "For some dumb reason, I find myself getting really excited about our trip."

    Dang, MUD! There's nothing dumb about it!!! I'm excited about your trip, and I ain't even going! I just know what you're gonna see. It truly is indescribable. And, at the same time it is frustrating because you can not capture it with a camera.

    It's one of those "you gotta see it to believe it" deals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With digital cameras, we will capture the trip in detail with at least a couple of hundred pictures each. I think our first trip to Phoenix in february was the best, but the trip to Louisiana was a lot of fun. I even got to play the washboard and dance the two step. We even were crowned official "Coon Assed Cajins" with the Boudan which we got to eat.
    MUD

    ReplyDelete