12/01/2009

1 December 2009


Where has the year gone? It seems like yesterday that we all got used to using 2009 and it is nearly 2010. It has been a good year for us and I hope we can close it out in good shape. I hope it will be all down hill for you and we will usher in a new year.

Our friend and renter of the Valley Brooke house left at 4:30 this morning for Austin, TX. We went over and helped her load up last night and then invited her here so she didn't have to sleep on the floor. I need to plan on spending a few days there finishing some of the trim work inside and outside the house. I realized that there is still a pickup load of tools and materials in the enclosed back porch. Mel left a fairly good sized pile there to take to the good will. The good will is only a few blocks from the house so it is no big deal.

Barb dug out the letters I wrote to her while I was in Vietnam in 1968. Now I realize why she doesn't seem to know where I was a lot of the time. As I read the letters I am either awaiting a helicopter ride or moving between assignments. I also drew a lot of pictures in my letters and I don't have a clue why? Snoopy on his dog house with concertina wire around the perimeter is one that appears in about every other letter.

I am toying with a format to help me gather my war stories. I am torn between trying to tie my assignments together using the letters or just writing a compilation of short stories without a framework. I'm not sure that the where and where are very important. Oh well.

Have a great day out there.

MUD

3 comments:

  1. I think the letters would be an interesting compilation. Of course, I haven't read them, so I could be wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I like the idea of the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think letters also - and I want to see your artwork!

    ReplyDelete