1/04/2010

Bad Cinnamon Rolls

Yes, I realize that the words bad and cinnamon rolls are seldom used in the same sentence. My favorite meal is a bowl of chili, a cinnamon roll and a Pepsi. When I woke up at 5:45 on Saturday and took out the trash cans, I decided I would go to the store. I purchased an assortment of junk and a can of Kroger Brand Cinnamon rolls. I waited to cook them until this morning and the anticipation darn near killed me.

This morning, I put those lovely rolls in a glass baking dish and then in the oven. About 15 minutes in the cooking process, I noticed that the rolls were cooking in a 1/2 inch of what looked like oil. I assumed that it was butter and would be absorbed back into the rolls as they ended the cooking process. I drained off at least two tablespoons of the oil and the rolls were soggy doggies. Not good or as Art would say nine ghoot (or something that sounded like that)

Anytime Barb can't eat even one, you can be sure they were bad.

MUD

4 comments:

  1. Off brands are always a gamble...I can say that Best Choice Cinnamon Rolls are not only good but I think they are better than most of the name brands and much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off brands are always a gamble...I can say that Best Choice Cinnamon Rolls are not only good but I think they are better than most of the name brands and much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing worse than a soggy cinnamon roll. Except maybe...well...I can't come up with anything worse.

    Maybe a "Nathan Pritikin Yam Cake," but they run a close tie.

    ReplyDelete