6/12/2008

Vote for Who?


Before you all get your panties in a bunch, lets wait and see who these two pick as their running mates before we all rush out and write in someone we really don't want. The real truth is that neither one has had the courage to discuss the problems of the USA right now and a good plan to fix the problems.

I apologize that these pictures aren't the same size but it was the only way I could get them to post with McCain on the right.
Barb says I am biased that way and make up stuff anyway.

I feel a rant today and there are a couple of things I want to say about the Presidential race and some of the problems of today.
First of all, let me remind you that we use 20,000,000 (That is 20 Million) barrels of oil each day in the USA. We are currently pumping 8 million out of the ground here and importing the other 12 million. Don't let anyone tell you that we could drill our way out of this mess in short order. If Anwar (That Alaska Oil Field) was up and running it would provide about a million barrels. If the shale oil was in process it probably would be another million. If we had all the offshore drilling allowed it probably would be another couple of million barrels. That would leave us about 8 million barrels short of our hoggish ways. We need to get to cracking on alternatives and I don't care if chicken and hogs do go up another dollar a pound to lower the gas prices. (If you make fuel out of the corn you can't feed it to the animals at the same low cost as we had in the past) Electric cars for a lot of the commuting and a good easy trailer rental place is needed. I damn sure want our farmers to get some of the $ for a change.

Solutions are all around us and we continue to complain and not fix. That is what pisses me off about the current Presidential race. I don't give a good #$% damn who was or is Barry's friends and I don't care how many million John's wife makes off drunks in Arizona. What the hell are they going to do to fix the problems. If it includes me paying a lot more in taxes, count me out. If it includes me having to do things different to save our way of life, where do I sign up?

Change is coming, just what that means is yet to be seen.

MUD

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for addressing the problem of biodiesel. I sit in Illinois, surrounded by a gajillion acres of corn and soybeans. If the crops are diverted to the production of biodiesel fuel what are you going to replace it with to feed the world?

    If farmers get more per bushel for corn that will be used for biodiesel, where do you think that corn is going to go? Not to the feed lots.

    Do you read Thomas Barnett? He says the upcoming food crisis is going to make the "oil crisis" look like a picnic.

    - Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

    ReplyDelete