6/14/2008

What Would You Do?

Yesterday at Dillon's Grocery Store, I went through the self service aisle. I only had one item that was on sale at $2.99. With tax it came to $3.17 (or so). I put 4 one dollar bills in the machine and it did not give me any change. It normally rolls out into a round plastic change area and the machine tells you to take your receipt and your change and have a good day. I looked around to get help from the girl normally watching the self service aisle and she had gone somewhere. A lady (Not connected to the store) came over and pointed to the chute and said my money was jammed in there and I should tap the machine and see if my money came out. I did just that and out came a slew of pennies and some change.

What would you do?

a. Smile, put the entire contents of the change bowl in your pocket and walk out of the store.

b. Wait until the clerk came back and make her count the change and only take what was your 83 cents.

c. Take your 83 cents and leave the rest.

No, I won't tell you what I did.

MUD

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:41 AM

    B... unless she took too long, in which case I would go to C.

    Years ago I took my kids to Pier One and while we were in there my son, who was around 5 or 6 and very hyper, knocked over a big vase looking container thing and it broke. I looked at the price tag and it was $150. We couldn't afford that and especially for something broken. I stood there for a bit and really wanted to just cut and run... but my kids were there and I didn't want to set that kind of example. So... we went and found the manager and I told him what happened. He was really nice and told me not to worry about it. I was so relieved and we got out of the store quick before someone broke something else. We had a minivan that had sliding doors on both sides and I just wanted to get out of there. My middle child was getting in behind me and had her hand on the part between the front and back and when I slammed my door shut I got all four of her fingers. Poor thing! I felt so bad. Luckily none of them were broken but they sure were swollen and bruised. To this day, I have never stepped foot in another Pier One.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really depends on the day I'm having. Some days I'd just scoop it all up without bothering to count, figuring other people's change was mixed in, so the register count won't be wrong. Other days I'd count out my 83 and walk the rest to the customer service window and leave it on the counter.

    Has it stopped raining there yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:13 PM

    The change machine at Dillons did not give me enough change so I asked a clerk to give me the correct change. He said it happens all the time and gave me some more change. Dillons needs to fix this.
    Your sister Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I counted my pocket change this morning and I had over three dollars and of that 15 coins were pennies.
    MUD

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I was really in a hurry, I would just leave the extra change. If I had time, I would find a cashier and tell them about it. I won't use the self service aisle at Dillon's. I can't figure the danged things out. Every time I've used it (probably about 5 times) I've had trouble of one kind or another. I like a nice live cashier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd probably take it all, but only because I am horrible at math!

    ReplyDelete